5 August 2010

Day 001...

To all,

So, today's the day! The big numero uno! For the official first day of the challenge, I thought I would choose the ever so basic phrase that everyone learns when studying a new language. That phrase is:

1. What is your name?

So in Danish this is:

1a. Hvad er Deres navn? (Formal - Used to strangers)
      (ve   air   deres   nown)

1b. Hvad hedder du? (Informal - Used socially)
      (ve   hither   du)

Okay, so it's really two phrases, but I thought it best to include both! It's pretty basic I know, but I could hardly start with something really difficult, now could I? I've even included the blue parts underneath that spell it phonetically just to make everything easier.

I'm really rather excited now. I can't wait for tomorrow's phrase.

X X

P.s. You were wondering about those interesting facts I said I'd include, weren't you? Well, not to worry, here is one as promised!

Did you know? That Denmark invented the toy LEGO, which started producing toys in 1932. It is said that LEGO has sold over 320 million units of LEGO bricks all around the globe, meaning that every human being on the planet will own an average of 56 bricks each!

1 comment:

  1. I'm soooo excited about finally starting! Whooooo! Let the learning begin! Good luck everyone!

    X X

    ReplyDelete