4 August 2010

The Beginning...

To all who read this,

This is a Blog that I am starting, to record the events that occur during 'The Danish Challenge'. I have set myself the task of learning my heritage language 'Danish'. As this is a rather hard challenge I have narrowed it down to learning 500 phrases - phrases that will ensure that I can then converse with any native Danish-man. I originally thought that 500 words would be better, but felt that using them effectively would be difficult. This way I learn many more words - therefore complicating the challenge somewhat.

I have also set a time limit for the challenge - 1 year. That's right, 1 year, 365 days, 12 months, to devote all my spare time to learning the Danish Language that I so crave. I've worked it out to be roughly 1.3 phrases a day, which may seem very little, but as a year-long challenge, may be difficult to sustain.

I thought that Blogging my progress will not only encourage me to stay on track, but allow others (that actually come across my oh-so-humble blog) to learn a little Danish too. I have also decided that with every blog, I will post a little Danish fact, poem, history, famous quote/person, etc. Enjoy!

I will sign off each blog with 'The Challenged One' - however, to you that know me (or wish too), it's Emma.

I end this with ever-so-high expectation, hesitation, exhilaration and lots of inspiration.

X X

2 comments:

  1. as a fellow danish lover, i wish you good luck in this challange.... and hope that it may be succeeded without too much effect on your hecktic life style xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too much effort?? You forget the meaning of the word 'challenge' - it's supposed to be difficult!! Besides, learning a new language is never easy!

    xx

    ReplyDelete